Annette's Other Blogs

Monday, June 8, 2009

Watering Hole


Sunday morning Meghan and I came downstairs to eat breakfast before church. This is the sight that greeted us! The neighbor's heifers broke through a fence or two and found our pool with only a bit of rainwater in it.

Last time they came to visit (getting out of their pasture) they stayed behind the fence that had just been built.


Notice the crop circles? The pool leaves those behind.



Unfortunately the heifers went through our tiny garden. We think we lost three corn plants, but it could have been so much worse!

The heifers were very skittish. As soon as I opened the door to take the picture, they stopped drinking and started backing away. Within a few seconds I noticed a fifth one and checked the front yard for more, but didn't see any. By the time I returned to the back door ten seconds later, they were gone.



(This is the door off the kitchen area that leads to the backyard.) This picture wasn't Sunday morning, but you should know that there was a short crying fit involved when Meghan wasn't allowed to go out to see the cows.


We use some childproof doorknob covers, but not on all the doors. She brought the stool from the bathroom sink to play with the locks. Thankfully that was all she did...this time. In the past she has stood on her Lego box to unlock the deadbolt. I was in the garage at the time, but thankfully had a set of keys on me.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Homeschool Friend said...

This is so funny! What a hoot! Or should I say "What a Moo?" lol I cant even imagine lookign out my window and seeing cows!!! But, that is really NEAT! I'd love to live somewhere like that!!! Your home is so interesting!!!!

And, your son's haircut is adorable!!!

Thanks for sharing!

***Sharon*** said...

That is the cutest picture ever! We are temporarily living in the country right now and by far one of my favorite things to see are cows out in the pasture! (Is that odd?)Something so peaceful about it!

Christy Killoran said...

I love it!!!!!!!! We went crazy over some geese in our yard once but cows would be hysterical. And cows drinking out of the kiddie pool -- that's just priceless.

We have those crop circles too. It used to drive my husband crazy. Now, it's just a fact of life and little kids.

Anonymous said...

We get the occasional cow in our yard too.

Funny!

Rachel said...

Hi Mrs. Whipple! =:D Thank you for stopping by our blog! I hope your MIL enjoys it too! I should be doing my first cake decorating post next Mon. if all goes as planned. =;) I am sharing a few of my cake pics. =:D

Your kids are just too sweet! I just love them! Ha! cows? That would be so funny to wake up ans see in OUR yard...we live on a main road..not many farms in New Castle! =;) Lol! My brothers used to try to get out of the house bunch too, when they were little. We had to child lock almost everything!

Blessings!
~Rachel~

Miller Moments said...

I love where you live!

Corny said...

One to many cows.

Unknown said...

grass, water and corn, a cow's idea of paradise. They'll be back.

evanwick said...

Those cows gathered around the baby pool gave me such a laugh!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I loved reading your blog today. It has been so much fun making new friends through the blog world. This is my fourth month to have a blog. I am amazed at all the unique and fun sites. I am posting about our recent Disney trip and have a couple more posts about our visit with the "Mouse" ....then I will have more than a few posts about a new "grandson" arriving in just a couple of weeks...

DairyQueen said...

that is funny! needless to say, we love cows, they are curious animals, aren't they?!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

Lol! Hilarious - cows are so funny. M would love to see some cows in our yard!!