Annette's Other Blogs

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rollin'

One of my fondest memories as a child is rolling down the big hill behind my grandpa's house. When some neighbor friends were visiting this week, the kids rolled down the gentle slope of our front yard. The grass rollers were ages 2, 4, and 6. I love how young children are so easily thrilled!













Actually, Meghan rolled mostly to the side, so it was a lot more work for her.
(We can't do this type of thing in our backyard...too many prickers!! Seriously, much of the green visible is from little prickers. When I wear flip-flops to the garden I get several pokes on the way.)
Go find your self a hill.
Big or small, it's still a thrill!

5 comments:

Miller Moments said...

I love this!! I don't think kids roll down hills any more. How fun for Meghan.

Anonymous said...

It looks like fun. Kids definitely roll down the hill in our park - the grass is soft enough. However, the incline is too steep for Anna yet - I am looking forward to her doing it when she is a little older.

Anonymous said...

Fun! My kiddos love rolling down the hill at Kirby Park in Nichols. It's steep. :)
Have a great weekend.
p.s. Nater got a hair cut...posting picture soon :)

Karen S. said...

If you are referring to the hill behind your Grandpa Evans's house~that hill definitely was a doozy! Did you ever sled down it in the snow? I never did, but I imagine it was quite a ride!

Jenny said...

One of my fondest memories growing up was rolling down the hill IN FRONT OF my grandpa's house. :) Fun stuff. I feel like I wouldn't be able to do it now. Maybe I need to try.