Annette's Other Blogs

Monday, June 1, 2009

Train Made with Arm

We've been reading some books about trains. Trains are always a favorite for us. I saw this really neat craft here.

The original was actually much cuter, but it had been a long time since I had looked at it...so ours isn't as cute. More important than cute is that Meghan had fun.

We traced her arm and hand, then cut it into pieces. Meghan colored each part and then the windows and wheels, too after gluing them on the track. This was really a neat idea though.

We had a good weekend with incredible weather. Much of our time was spent outside. Derek has every other Friday off (works long days because of it), and Friday was a work day, so the weekend seemed short.

Is anyone else amazed that June has arrived? Time is flying by! We're trying to make our summer plans including a family vacation and a trip to visit family...and hopefully some time away for just Derek and me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just make sure your trip to visit family includes US! :)

Cute train...

We had a fun weekend too. I am hoping to post about it soon, then it's outside to finish some yardwork.

Christy Killoran said...

How cute!

This weekend my husband and I were talking to some friends and we were all talking about how fast the years go by when you are an adult. Remember being a child and it seemed to take forever for Christmas to come after Halloween? Well, it now feels like Christmas was just yesterday but it's already June! Why does time go by so fast now?

Miller Moments said...

That is really cute! We may have to make that today.....

Unknown said...

She colors better than I do.

"FAITH" said...

Love the train, It's adorable. I think all weekends are too short. I am looking forward to when we can enjoy Ken's days off during the week with him. His 12 hour work days are not only long for him but for the boys and myself too. I'd like to know where May went also. It didn't hand around long. We don't know anything on Jordan yet. He did great last Wednesday with his biopsy. I was really proud. We can call 2 weeks from the day of the procedure to get the results so it's more waiting. We really do need to get together. Hopefully soon.

Izzie, Mac & Me said...

I just "discovered" your comment about Evernote. I'm still trying to figure out how to properly use my blog...is there a way to be notified when a new comment has been received? That would be so nice! Back to Evernote...it is an organizational too where you can add text and pictures straight from the different blogs. I've started using it and really like it, but I have some many ideas and not enough time to organize it there. If you have any suggestions, please share. Here is the site where I learned about Evernote (a little bit more detail).
http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/2009/03/behinds-scenes-blog-web-surfing.html

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

Did I tell you that I tagged you?
http://iheartfrutopia.blogspot.com/2009/06/6-unimportantthings-that-make-me-happy.html