Annette's Other Blogs

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Penguin Craft

Meghan made this penguin. I cut a black and white oval, a beak, and two feet. I traced Meghan's hands and gathered wiggly eyes. We spent some time looking on-line at penguins and then we put the penguin together.

The idea came from Sandy at Just for Fun. It was simple but fun, and she loved the final product.

Meghan loves Pingu on DVD. It is a unique clay animation Swiss TV show about a penguin and his family, but the characters don't talk, though they communicate effectively. Meghan laughs out loud, and sometimes the grown ups do, too.

Evan has been enjoying Meghan's Elmo doll when she isn't looking. She is still learning to share. Maybe she doesn't like that it gets so wet.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little penguin.

We also have issues with the tv. We just have a little 13" tv and it only plays dvds, we don't have satellite. But as soon as Nater wakes up, he says, "Mo-ie". If I say no, he goes and tries to put it in himself. Over the summer, I put the tv in my closet for a while.If he couldn't see it, he didn't ask.
But, I have to admit, it does help me get stuff done occasionaly. :)

Sandy said...

I'm so glad she enjoyed the penguin activity! We had fun with this one too:0)

CC said...

I like that penguin a lot. Great idea!