A few days ago Derek and I realized that Meghan is really showing attitude when she asks for TV and we tell her no. So we decided it was time to take another break from children's TV for a short time. (We did this during the summer with good results.)
Meghan seems to be doing well with it, but I'm not! The problem is that she only forgets about TV if she's engaged in something else. That means that I have to be by her side all day! Even when I leaver her side, she's still attached to mine, it seems. We typically have plenty of story and play time together, but not like today. Today we completed two crafts and played lots too. I hope she finds a new secret spot for hide and seek soon! She played independently for a short time in the morning, but most of the day was spent playing together. Evan loves to watch us play.
Today I realized that she must watch a bit more than I thought since I didn't get a thing done until nap time. I was so glad for her nap! She did ask to watch a few times, but accepted no without a tantrum.
Meghan may not be misbehaving with attitude about TV, but she seems to be having more obedience issues than normal since we have turned the TV off. We all know parenting isn't easy, but sometimes predictable would be nice!
Fortunately, tomorrow a distraction will be arriving in the form of Derek's mom and aunt. Then on Saturday his grandparents will join us, too. Meghan will not be lacking any attention! She and Evan will both get lots of love. We all win!
Pioneer History Perspectives
-
In *The Laura Ingalls Wilder Companion: A Chapter-by-Chapter Guide*, I
remind readers that the Little House books share just one family's story as
pioneers...
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment