First we made the rainbow, using ROY G. BIV to remember the order of the colors. We started with the inside since I wasn't sure how large it would be. Meghan's patience was tried with this rainbow since I had to guide her hand, but after she saw it
After the rainbow was dry a day or two later, I cut it out, as well as a yellow sun. We gathered some cotton balls and stretched them to make clouds. Then we glued it all down.
Meghan was really proud of this once it was completed. She took it to show her daddy saying, "rainbow." Meghan's "rainbow" sounds a lot like her "read book." As I've said, context clues are often needed to know what Meghan is saying! I think it was about a month ago she started calling rainbows their name instead of just "bows."

5 comments:
Love those sweet cotton ball clouds!
So cute. We made rainbows out of fruity cheerios and m&ms a while back and that was fun. We'll have to try the fingerprint rainbows.
That's great. Something neat would be to make a mobile out of clouds and the rainbow and maybe a sun.
Stalker- reading & no commenting
Follower- has commented
Subscriber- in a reader
You're definitely not a stalker ;)
Nighty night! Catch some Z's for me.
PS I read Lucky Me too, I love the way M's rainbow came out!
That turned out great. I hear you about their patience running out before the project is finished. I'm always telling my son, "come on, just a little more". Some times he goes for it. Lots of times we end up with an unnfinished project. My son has some sensory issues, and has only recently started doing fingerpainting. (Sticky stuff on his hands grosses him out.) It's opened up a whole new world of cute projects.
Post a Comment